Who can apply?
How to become Green Key certified
- STEP 1: Complete an application form showing how your hotel or venue meets the 13 Green Key criteria areas. (See below for more information on the criteria.)
- STEP 2: Receive feedback on your application and complete any outstanding actions before progressing to the audit stage.
- STEP 3: We will carry out an on-site audit and advise on any actions needed to comply with Green Key criteria.
- STEP 4: Once our auditors believe that you meet the award criteria, your application will go to our independent National Green Key Jury for their decision.
- STEP 5: If successful we will provide you with promotional materials including a certificate and plaque, along with other promotional opportunities.
The award is valid for one year, so you will need to renew on an annual basis, demonstrating evidence on continual improvement.
*On-site audits will take place in year one, two and every third year thereafter.